I ACTUALLY CANNOT WAIT TO LIVE ALONE SO I CAN FILL MY FRIDGE WITH HEALTHY FOOD AND EAT THAT WAY EVERYDAY AND KEEP MY HOUSE ALL CLEAN AND PUT PRETTY FLOWERS AND STUFF IN IT OMG
me writing essays
i’m always weirdly proud when my pee is clear because it’s like fuck yeah i’m so hydrated
—Charles Bukowski (via theriverrunsuntilitsdry)
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Live.Live for yourself. Don’t spend all your time satisfying others that you end up losing yourself. It’s okay to have me time and do things that people say no to. As long as you aren’t hurting them, you have a right to.”
This is the best post ever on tumblr.(via gettingahealthybody)
ah yes I’ve just thought the perfect sassy answer to that horrible thing someone told to me 4 years ago
Robert Pattinson wins the “Most Likely To Be A Douchebag But Turned Out To Be A Pretty Cool Guy” Award.
Cole Sprouse wins the “Seems To Be A Cool Guy But Turned Out To Be A Douchebag” Award
Chris Brown wins the “Most Likely To Be A Douchebag But Turned Out To Be An Even Bigger Douchebag” Award.
Leonardo DiCaprio Seems To Be A Cool Guy But Never Wins An Award
- to not wear a plus size wedding dress
- to shop on the other side of the store
- to run in a sports bra
- to not untag myself from Facebook pictures
- to shop at Victoria’s Secret
- to not feel huge in my graduation cap and gown
- to have sex without feeling awkward
- to go swimming without feeling like a whale
- to be fit enough to go to group fitness classes
- to not get winded going up the stiars
- to run anytime I want, wherever I want
- to wear a crop top
- to share clothes with my mom
- to finally feel like myself
HER FACE <3
THIS GUYS. THIS RIGHT HERE IS MY ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE.